Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Join the March Against Monsanto on:
Sat 12 October
1:30 for 2pm, WA Parliament House (Harvest Terrace, West Perth)
[Information below supplied by March Against Monsanto.]
Please gather at Parliament House at 1.30 where we will have a couple of speakers and an amazing singer to start us of. We will begin the march at 2pm and will be walking down St Georges Terrace, along King Street, Along Hay Street and through the malls to Forrest Chase, up the escalator to the station overpass and through the Amphitheatre to James Street, finishing at Russell Square at approx 3pm. We will then have a number of speakers and several stalls set up in Russell Square.
We are marching for:
- The right to plant and collect our own seeds.
- GM labelling on all GM derived food and the basic right to know what's in our food.
- A halt to ALL GM food approvals both imports and local grown GM crops.
- A stop to GM contamination.
- Farmer protection legislation.
- Sustainable GM-free agriculture and protection of biodiversity.
- A stop to public funding of GM crops.
- Transparency and accountability.
- Saying NO to being ruled by Corporations and not being a part of the democratic political process.
Check out also the upcoming screening of The Future of Food at the Perth Activist Centre:
The Future of Food distills the complex technology and consumer issues surrounding major changes in the food system today -- genetically engineered foods, patenting, and the corporatization of food -- into terms the average person can understand. It empowers consumers to realize the consequences of their food choices on our future.
6:30pm Fri 18 October
Perth Activist Centre
15/5 Aberdeen St (next to McIver station)
Entry by donation. Ph 9218 9608, 0413 976 638
Attend on Facebook: www.facebook.com/events/1389683364599094