Thursday, August 21, 2014
The Australia Israel Cultural Exchange (AICE) and Palace Cinemas are co-presenting the 2014 Israeli Film Festival which screens nationally in August and September. The film festival is directly supported by the Israeli government (see about and sponsors) and represents the Israeli government's efforts to whitewash apartheid and colonisation.
Friends of Palestine WA call on Luna Palace Cinemas to withdraw its sponsorship of the AICE Israeli Film Festival. If the festival goes ahead, we pledge to boycott the festival and to protest at the festival opening on August 28.
Our protest is a part of the international Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) Movement, which calls on Israeli to:
* End the siege and blockade of Gaza;
* End the occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem;
* Remove the illegal settlements and separation barrier;
* End its apartheid-like policies towards Palestinians; and
* Accept the right of return to all Palestinian refugees.
Join us on:
August 28, at 5.30pm
Paradiso Cinema, 164 James Street, Northbridge.
Attend on Facebook: